The weather is getting chilly here as fall settles in. It's the perfect time of year for a soup recipe! Here is a gorgeous new recipe by Alaena Haber.
It is one of the 120+ recipes from the new AIP community cookbook: Freezer Cooking for the Paleo AIP. I have permission to share a sneak peek here! Enjoy!
Make sure to go check out the new cookbook to get all the amazing recipes contributed by 30 AIP-ers (including me)! The book is fully Paleo AIP compliant, and is designed to save you time and energy in the kitchen!
PLUS, until the end of day today, October 9th, you can enter to WIN an epic book launch giveaway with over $1000 of prizes being given away! Simply click button below, and enter this at the bottom of the page: The Emancipated Epicure
Thai Chicken Lemongrass Soup
By: Alaena Haber at Grazed and Enthused
Ingredients for preparation
1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
1 ½ cups chicken broth
2-inch piece dried galangal
2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 pound chicken breast, chopped into ½-inch pieces
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
Lime juice, to taste
Ingredients for serving
1. Blend coconut milk, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger until smooth using a high-speed blender. Transfer to a large saucepan or stockpot along with the chicken broth, galangal, fish sauce and sea salt.
2. Bring liquid to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and kale and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
Transfer soup to large glass container and refrigerate loosely covered until cool. Seal with a lid and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
1. Allow soup to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Heat in a saucepan over medium-low heat until warm.
3. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Leave a Reply.
The Emancipated Epicure, Bethany. I'm a Foodie & Autoimmune Warrior who loves to cook. Working at healing with the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol.
Looking for something? All recipes & articles are categorized in the Index.